[R] "easiest" way to write an R dataframe to excel?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 23:22:28 CEST 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Eva Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> I am using R 2.11.1 in a Microsoft Windows 7 environment.
>>
>> I tried using WriteXLS, but get the message " In system(cmd) : perl
>> not found"
>>
> Snipped muc useful information

> If you have problems or other questions with respect to WriteXLS,
> let me know.

Thanks for creating  WriteXLS, Marc. Others should know that WriteXLS
has the great advantage over *.csv writing, in that it lets you make
multi-sheet XLS files. Need a vector of 16 dataframes written to 16
worksheets in one workbook ... no problem, ... worked the first time
(at least it did so once I realized I needed to follow the directions
in the help page exactly as they were written :-).

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT