[R] Tinn R - the preferred R term was not defined

pdb philb at philbrierley.com
Mon Aug 23 07:51:06 CEST 2010

I have Windows 7 64 bit and 64 bit version of R.

I have installed Tinn R.

Everytime I start R from within Tinn R it gives me the message

"The preferred R term was not defined. Do you desire to do this now"

I then tell Tinn R where the Rterm.exe and Rgui.exe are.

Rterm works OK - I can open r code files and submit them.
Rgui does not work. R opens but in Tinn R toolbar for submitting code is
disabled.

I then go R>>configure>>permanent and Tinn R writes to my R
etc/Rprofile.site file

When I restart Tinn R and try to start an Rterm or Rgui, I again get
prompted...

"The preferred R term was not defined. Do you desire to do this now"

This seems to be a repetitive loop.

Can anybody please point me in the right direction.

Cheers.