[R] on abort error, always show call stack?

ivo welch ivo.welch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 17:41:13 CEST 2010

Dear R Wizards---is it possible to get R to show its current call
stack (sys.calls()) upon an error abort?  I don't use ESS for
execution, and it is often not obvious how to locate how I triggered
an error in an R internal function.  Seeing the call stack would make
this easier.  (right now, I sprinkle "cat" statements everywhere, just
to locate the line where the error appears.)  Of course, I would
really love to see the line in my program that triggered this, but I
have asked this before, and I understand this is too difficult to get
into the R language.

regards,

/iaw

----