[R] R reports

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Sat Aug 21 16:02:24 CEST 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Donald Winston wrote:

> The point is SAS has had simple reporting for 30 years. R apparently doesn't have any. Why is it so hard to accept that a report function analogous to a plot function would be a good thing?

R has had more advanced reporting features that SAS since not long
after R's first production release in the 1990s.  Users who are
unwilling to study R documentation and examples will not see that of
course.

Let's see if you want to put your money where your mouth is.  How much
are you willing to pay every year for SAS for its rigid approach to
reporting?  What is the current licensing fee to your organization?

You are wrong on yet another piece of this discussion.  SAS legally
removed the phrase "Statistical Analysis System" from the company more
than 15 years ago.  SAS doesn't stand for anything.

Frank