[R] R CMD build --binary without option --use-zip-data
Andrew.T.Liu at williams.edu
Sat Aug 21 04:36:13 CEST 2010
When I run
R CMD build --binary pkgname
* checking for file 'pkgname/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'pkgname':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source and make files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
* building binary distribution
* installing *source* package 'pkgname' ...
Using auto-selected zip option '--use-zip-data'
and so on.
Is there anyway to have R CMD build not use the zip option
Alternatively, I have a text file in the \data folder called
"sample.txt" and I want users to be able to get the filename by typing
filename <- system.file("data", "sample.txt", package = "pkgname")
which they cannot do if it gets zipped. Is there a workaround?
More information about the R-help