[R] Package repository on Linux machine and upgrading R

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 22:39:56 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I remember running into a thread on this topic in one of the R mailing
lists before but I can't seem to find it now.  Basically, I remember a
discussion on how one can set up where R packages can be installed so
that when we upgrade the R version on the machine, the packages are
still accessible.  One can back up this package location as well and
bring it to a new computer.  I remember Dirk Edd being one of the
discussants.

Can someone point me to this discussion?  Thanks.
-- Vinh