[R] Aggregate Help

Hall, Ken (CDC/OSELS/NCPHI) kha6 at CDC.GOV
Fri Aug 20 16:40:17 CEST 2010

The first one worked great. Thanks for the quick response.

The second one, with the "with" statement, gave me the following error:

Error in aggregate.date.frame(as,dat.frame(x), ...): arguments must have
same length

Ken

PS. What is the proper etiquette? Should I respond to you individually
and the group, just the group or just individually? Or does it depend on
the context of my response?

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Spector [mailto:spector at stat.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:00 PM
To: Hall, Ken (CDC/OSELS/NCPHI)
Cc: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] Aggregate Help

Ken -
    Try

aggregate(Pilot$Count,list(Date=Pilot$Date,illness=Pilot$illness),sum)

If you don't want to keep typing "Pilot", use

   with(Pilot,aggregate(Count,list(Date=Date,illness=illness),sum))

Notice that the aggregated variable will be called "x" in the output
data frame from aggregate.

 					- Phil Spector
 					 Statistical Computing Facility
 					 Department of Statistics