[R] Latex no where to be seen

Donald Paul Winston satchwinston at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 06:18:36 CEST 2010

I'm experimenting using R as a report writer. I'm told LaTex is the
destination for my quest. But ?latex() gives me an error. The package
manager does not have it. The package installer can't find it. Where is it?

It amazes me that there's not a built in "report" function that can produce
the same kinds of reports that every report writer and data analysis
software in the whole word can do. (see SAS, Crystal Reports, SPSS, Oracle
Reports, Actuate, Hyperion, Cognos, ..etc)