[R] Slow response from Windows Rgui - caused by Word?

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 12:11:20 CEST 2010

Start up perfmon on your system (or the task manager) and then look at
who is consuming the CPU and memory.  This will provide insight to the
problem.  You need to determine if it is a CPU problem or possibly
memory due to paging.  The tools are there for you to trouble shoot
the problem since it is probably not being caused by R unless you have
some very large objects.  The task manager will tell you how much
memory a process is consuming.