[R] sample() question

Chen,Shaofei sxbxchen at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 02:51:52 CEST 2010

Consider an example:
There are 3 stores (1,2,3), and 5 customers. Each store must have at least
one customer. Thus a possible combination is 11213. On the other hand, a
combination 22333 is not what I want

I have considered your solution earlier, but in this case, first three
customers have to go to store 123 in sequence, and the randomness has been
reduced. You are right, the sampling procedure is not totally random, but I
want to be as random as possible.

Thanks!