[R] How to make flowchart in R?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Aug 16 22:13:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

If you should decide to pursue the LaTeX approach, you would want to install MacTeX on your Mac. More information here:

  http://www.tug.org/mactex/2009/

MacTeX is a self contained distribution of TeX Live 2009. It also provides an easy to use GUI based maintenance tool to add packages and to keep the distribution updated.

I would agree that the jump to using LaTeX and R together requires more learning time than a pure R solution. However, like R itself, once you get over the initial hurdle, productivity and reproducibility in reporting are improved greatly.

That being said, I would certainly support the other recommendations that have been put forth.

Regards,

Marc