[R] When to use bootstrap confidence intervals?

Shentu yue_shentu at merck.com
Mon Aug 16 15:15:51 CEST 2010

Just based on my limited understanding of bootstrapping and statistics in
general, bootstrapping is effective but not magical - you can't reasonably
expect any reliable inference to be drawn about the population based on a
sample of 10, without any distributional assumptions. Your t interval looks
good conditional on the fact that you know what distribution you used to
simulate the data.