[R] Trouble loading "saved" Rdata

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 02:35:36 CEST 2010

That worked for me once I properly quoted "test.RData" on

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
x86_64-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

If correcting the quoting does not help you, perhaps you can report
the results of sessionInfo()

Cheers,

Josh

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 5:14 PM, steven mosher <moshersteven at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the particular application I have I save "test.Rdata" to a sub directory
> dir<-"Example"
> dir.create(dir)
> test<-data.frame(a=c(1,2,3),b=c(3,4,5)
>
> full<-file.path(dir,"test.Rdata,fsep=.Platform$file.sep)
> save(test,file=full)
> load(full)
> returns NULL
>
> it works fine when the object is saved to the working directory, but fails
> when saved to a sub directory.
> The Rdata is there. Bytes are in it. but loading it doesnt work.

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology
University of California, Los Angeles
http://www.joshuawiley.com/