[R] different outcomes of P values in SPSS and R

Martin Teicher martin_teicher at hms.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 14 05:26:56 CEST 2010

What your saying is true.  The sequential/marginal difference can account for the discrepancy in p values but not necessarily the coefficients.  One thing I've found that can lead to differences in coefficients and p values between R and SPSS is whether or not you specify that a variable is a factor (e.g., group2 <- factor(group) ).

Marty Teicher