[R] different outcomes of P values in SPSS and R

Martin Teicher martin_teicher at hms.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 14 04:50:37 CEST 2010

R usesType I sequential SS, not the default Type III marginal SS reported by SPSS.  There is a good blog post explaining this difference along with some interesting comments -- http://myowelt.blogspot.com/2008/05/obtaining-same-anova-results-in-r-as-in.html

Best Wishes,

Martin H. Teicher
Dept of Psychiatry
McLean Hospital / Harvard Medical School
Belmont MA 02478