[R] Unobserved heterogeneity

fusun gonul fusungonul at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 19:18:17 CEST 2010

I need to read a data set that has multiple observations per person (like
scanner panel data). I want to use optim and compute the objective function
person by person where each person has multiple observations (as in latent
class models a la Kamakura and Russell (JMR, 1989))? I tried to use the
(for) function but could not get it to do "Do loops" like in GAUSS or
FORTRAN. Even if you have components of the program I am looking for, it
could help. If so, would you send it to me at fusungonul at hotmail.com? Thank
you.

-----
Thank you,