[R] help to polish plot in ggplot2

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 12 07:44:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

One way you could do it is to create a separate graph for each
category. The y axis labels would replace the strip labels. You could
then stack the graphs on the page, and add a common legend. The tricky
part would be to make sure the different panels have the same width
and height.

Another option might be to hack a custom Grob (gTree) for the y-axis
title so that it would draw the current y-axis title and also the
labels for the facets next to it. Of course you'd also get rid of the
strips in this case.

Best,

baptiste