[R] Turning a source into a Package

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Wed Aug 11 13:35:29 CEST 2010

On 08/09/2010 06:51 PM, JH wrote:
> I want to edit a function in the nlme package. I download the package source
> nlme_3.1-96.tar.gz from the link below then edit it one of the scripts
> inside of it. From this stage how can I turn it into a package that I can
> use in R?
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/nlme/index.html

Building R packages under Windows (which I assume you are using, but you
don't specify) can be done by looking at the instructions at:

http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/

But to be true, loading the library and than sourcing the one function
you changed, like Jim Lemon suggested, is a better option.

regards,
Paul

--
Drs. Paul Hiemstra