[R] Plotting confidence bands around regression line

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:11:25 CEST 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 8:23 PM, Michal Figurski wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Since in P&B the procedure is to calculate a whole list of slopes and intercepts, wouldn't it be a solution to determine the correlation and go from there? How do I do it?

You can't. (Perhaps someone could, but it looks like a research level project.)

As it may have transpired, I trust the whole P&B procedure about as much as Reagan trusted the Russians, but if someone insisted on having it implemented, I'd consider selecting say 5 points along the range of x, say a1,a2,...,a5, look at the CI's for the intercept when applied to (x-a1,y) and interpolate between them.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com