[R] How to extract the conf.level out of t.test() data

Etienne Stockhausen einohr2002 at web.de
Mon Aug 9 20:39:39 CEST 2010

Good afternoon everybody,

I'm writing a little function to visualise hypothesis testing. Therefore
I need to extract the confidence level of a t-test. Here a little example:

    x <- str(t.test(1:10)

gives

    List of 9
     $ statistic  : Named num 5.74
      ..- attr(*, "names")= chr "t"
     $ parameter  : Named num 9
      ..- attr(*, "names")= chr "df"
     $ p.value    : num 0.000278
     $ conf.int   : atomic [1:2] 3.33 7.67
      ..- attr(*, "conf.level")= num 0.95
     $ estimate   : Named num 5.5
      ..- attr(*, "names")= chr "mean of x"
     $ null.value : Named num 0
      ..- attr(*, "names")= chr "mean"
     $ alternative: chr "two.sided"
     $ method     : chr "One Sample t-test"
     $ data.name  : chr "1:10"
     - attr(*, "class")= chr "htest"

Now I can use

    x$conf.int

what gives

    [1] 496.9141 499.6276
    attr(,"conf.level")
    [1] 0.95

In the example I try to extract the value 0.95 but I have no Idea how. I
hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance an greetings from Berlin

Etienne