[R] Why use numFold in evaluate_Weka_classifier of RWeka

s0300851 s0300851 at tp.edu.tw
Tue Aug 10 07:44:06 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using RWeka package,

we know that instruction make_Weka_classifier that can help

us to build a model,and evaluate_Weka_classifier instruction

can help us to evaluate the performance of  the model using on new data.

But I have a question about how to using the parameter numFold in

evaluate_Weka_classifier.Cross-validation means that using some parts

to train our data,and some parts to do test,but it should be using in

the step of building our model not evaluation.

I try to think about the numFold=n in the evaluate_Weka_classifier may be this:

randomly(but in proportion) to select data in the dataset then redo n times,

then to evaluate the performance.Is this correct?

Thanks.

Best regards ,

Hsiao