[R] Changing downloaded source code into a package

JH dealing_with_doors at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:22:19 CEST 2010

I am wanting to change some lines of code in the R package named "nlme"
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/nlme/index.html
To do this I have downloaded the Package source named nlme_3.1-96.tar.gz,
opened up the file and changed the text documents within the folder named R,
specifically the cor.Struct.txt file.
I now want to know how can I use this modified nlme_3.1-96.tar.gz file in R
2.10. How do I convert this source code into a package?

I have looked on the internet and tried using cmd.exe  then the code
Rmcd.exe INSTALL -1 ~/nlme_3.1-96.tar.gz
I end up getting the message "The system can't find the specified path",
when I have the file in the directory that Rmcd.exe is in.