[R] Problem with installing a package in R!

gagea gagzarrei at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 8 22:55:28 CEST 2010

Dear friends,

I am having problem with installing some packages in R in Ubuntu like
"ISwR". Bellow is the outcome. Anybody can help me to solve this problem.
Thanks a lot and sorry if it is very simple question.

install.packages("ISwr")

trying URL 'http://probability.ca/cran/src/contrib/ISwR_2.0-5.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 157441 bytes (153 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 153 Kb

ERROR: failed to lock directory
‘/home/ubuntu/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.9’ for modifying
Try removing ‘/home/ubuntu/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.9/00LOCK’

The downloaded packages are in
	‘/tmp/RtmpFDg2LG/downloaded_packages’
Warning message:
In install.packages("ISwR") :
  installation of package 'ISwR' had non-zero exit status