[R] concatenate values in the vector

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 00:04:30 CEST 2010

Unfortunately the "shorter" version does not do what the op asked.
The correct way is using the 'collapse' parameter. Using paste on a
vector of length n with the parameter 'sep' you get a vector of n
elements. If you use "collapse" you get a single string.

Jose

Quoting Cristian Montes <cmontes at arauco.cl>:

> Even shorter is
>
> x<-c("a","b","c","d")
> paste(x, sep="+")
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cristian Montes

Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6507095
Institute for Cell & Molecular Biology        Fax:   +44 (0)131 6507360
Swann Building, Mayfield Road
University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh EH9 3JR
UK