[R] Linux Editor

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:16:10 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:48:54 -0700
Seeliger.Curt at epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> > Is there anything comparable to the mac version of R with its built
> > in console, editor, etc??
>
> Aside from ESS/EMACS, you might try JGR, Tinn-R and Eclipse with
> StatET. The later has the most features and is the best IDE, and
[..]

Curt, some may get offended by such a strong assertion. :)

Alphaace, I think that you're looking for JGR, which emulates some of
the R GUI functionality. Personally, I prefer the clean and simple
Geany IDE. (For better integration with R you need to set
send_selection_unsafe=true in geany.conf and assign Send selection to
terminal to a ctrl+r keybinding or similar.)

Regards
Liviu