[R] Problems with normality req. for ANOVA

Frank Harrell f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Aug 2 19:46:47 CEST 2010

To add to David's note, the Kruskal-Wallis test is the nonparametric
counterpart to one-way ANOVA.  You can get a series of K-W tests for
several grouping or continuous independent variables (but note these
are SEPARATE analyses) using the Hmisc package's spearman2 function.
The generalization of K-W to the case of multiple independent
variables is the proportional odds ordinal logistic model (see e.g.
the rms package lrm function).

Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine