[R] Compact Patricia Trees (Tries)

Richard R. Liu richard.liu at pueo-owl.ch
Thu Apr 29 10:05:20 CEST 2010

I have an application that a long list of character strings to determine which
occur at the beginning of a given word.  A straight forward R script using grep
takes a long time to run.  Rewriting it to use substr and match might be an
option, but I have the impression that preparing the list as a trie and
performing trie searches might lead to dramatic improvements in performance.

I have searched the CRAN packages and find no packages that support Compact
Patricia Trees.  Does anybody know of such?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard R. Liu
richard.liu at pueo-owl.ch