[R] Interaction terms in logistic regression using glm

Andrew Miles rstuff.miles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 22:29:47 CEST 2010

I recently became aware of the article by Ai and Norton (2003) about
how interaction terms are problematic in nonlinear regression (such as
logistic regression).  They offer a correct way of estimating
interaction effects and their standard errors.

My question is:  Does the glm() function take these corrections into
account when estimating interaction terms for a logistic regression
(i.e. when family=binomial)?  If not, is there a function somewhere
that allows for correct estimation?

I've looked the documentation for glm and couldn't find an answer, nor
have I seen the issue addressed in the forums or in the examples of
logistic regression in R that I've found online.

Thanks!

Andrew Miles