[R] NLS "Singular Gradient" Error

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:37:35 CEST 2010

Maybe you are applying a completely inappropriate model such as would
be the case if Ne/No is not strictly between 0 and 1.  All we can do
is guess  unless you provide a reproducible example which means that
if we paste it in from your post it will give the same errors you see.

aa means aa, not a*a.