[R] How do you change library location ? (in R under windows XP)

Mike Prager mhprager.pdy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 20:31:00 CEST 2010

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:22:45 +0300, Tal Galili <tal.galili at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Due to the new R 2.11 release, I want to implement Dirk's suggestion
>here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1401904/painless-way-to-install-a-new-version-of-r>
>.
>
>So for that I am asking - How can I (permanently) change R's library path?
>(The best solution would be one that can be run from within R)

To me, it seemed more straightforward to do this outside R.

Just set the environment variable R_LIBS in Windows to something like

R_LIBS=c:/R/Library

Then, delete your R installation. Install the new version and all
desired packages.  The add-on packages will be located according to
your environment setting, and future updates will not require add-on
packages to be copied or reloaded.

HTH