[R] Intersection for two curves

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 21:50:06 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Peter Ehlers <ehlers at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> Well, this has seriously gotten off the original topic.
>
> While Hadley makes some sense, it is nevertheless
> sometimes the case (surely so for David, I would surmise)
> that one is putting together a response to an R-help
> query when a new query prompts one to temporarily abandon
> the first and formulate a response to the second. One
> may well prefer not to have one's workspace cleared even
> though this would not lose more than the temporarily
> suspended work. So, is ther *ever* a good reason to
> *not* put rm(list=ls()) behind a comment char? I doubt it.

Is there ever a good idea to use rm(list = ls()) ?  Why not close R
and restart it so you can guarantee you have a clean environment which
with to test your code.

This is probably one of the biggest disadvantages of using the
existing R guis - you normally only have one running, and it's a
hassle to close it down and restart it.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/