[R] simple question

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:51:36 CEST 2010

Hello,

What about

test <- c(rep(c("A","C","G","T"), 20),"C")
table(test)

I am not sure that is an apt representation of the data and problem
you are trying to solve.  It also occurred to me that each character
may not be its own element in the vector.  If that is so, you would
need to do something a little differently.

Let us know.

Josh

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Zoppoli, Gabriele (NIH/NCI) [G]
<zoppolig at mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> Hi
>
> how can I find, in a vector of characters, which is the most frequent one?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gabriele Zoppoli, MD
> Ph.D. Fellow, Experimental and Clinical Oncology and Hematology, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
> Guest Researcher, LMP, NCI, NIH, Bethesda MD
>
> Work: 301-451-8575
> Mobile: 301-204-5642
> Email: zoppolig at mail.nih.gov

Joshua Wiley