[R] How to stamp my graphs with date and time

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 00:58:48 CEST 2010

Sarkar offers a worked example of taking user input regarding location
for locating a grid viewport outside the plot area.

http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

See Figure 12.1

state <- data.frame(state.x77, state.region)
trellis.vpname("xlab", prefix = "plot1")
trellis.vpname("strip", column = 2, row = 2, prefix = "plot2")

data(Chem97, package = "mlmRev")
qqmath(~ gcsescore | factor(score), Chem97, groups = gender,
        f.value = function(n) ppoints(100),
        aspect = "xy",
        page = function(n) {
            cat("Click on plot to place legend", fill = TRUE)
            ll <- grid.locator(unit = "npc")
            if (!is.null(ll))
                draw.key(simpleKey(levels(factor(Chem97$gender))),
                         vp = viewport(x = ll$x, y = ll$y),
                         draw = TRUE)
        })

--