[R] Tinn-R

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Apr 19 23:57:35 CEST 2010

Robert Ruser <robert.ruser <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I want to use the free distribution of R (R REvolution 3.2)

  [this is a little bit funny -- is the standard (CRAN) distribution
not free?  Or did you mean something else?]

>  and Tinn-R
> editor as well. Unfortunately they don't cooperate. In Tinn-R
> commands: send selection, send line etc. don't work. Do you have any
> idea how to resolve this problem?

  This is a known (????) Tinn-R bug, I think.  I have found that
pasting

.trPaths <- paste(paste(Sys.getenv('APPDATA'),
      '\\Tinn-R\\tmp\\', sep=''),
        c('', 'search.txt', 'objects.txt','file.r',
       'selection.r','block.r','lines.r'), sep='')

into Tinn-R makes it work (for that Tinn-R session).  There are
instructions somewhere (???) for adding this to your Tinn-R preferences
so that it is executed every time ...

  good luck
    Ben Bolker