[R] error at R CMD check

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 11:40:30 CEST 2010

Hi,
I generated an R package but at running R CMD check, I got the following error message for the first data file:

*** installing help indices
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'jamda'
     Formats: text html latex example
  f1                           text    html    latex   example
  f2                            text    html    latex   example
 f3                                 text    html    latex   example
  f4                            text    html    latex   example
  f5                            text    html    latex   example
  f6                      text    html    latex   example
too many pairs of braces in file 'data1.Rd' at /usr/lib64/R/share/per
l/R/Rdconv.pm line 295, <$rdfile> line 7076.
ERROR: building help failed for package ‘my_package’

Should the data sets be in a specific format? Mine contains data in float seperated by tab with column names and row names. No description in DESCRIPTIOn file yet.

Thanks

Carol