[R] Efficient algorithm to get a solution path for ridge regression?

Kenneth Lo kenchlo2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 20:01:24 CEST 2010

Thanks for your pointer. I looked into "Applied Regression Analysis"
by Draper and Smith, and the ridge trace solution can be obtained
efficiently by expressing it in canonical form. It could be coded
without much difficulty, but I'm just wondering if there's any package
which has already implemented this (or other) efficient way of
returning a solution path for a sequence of regularization parameter?
The function provided by MASS computes the solution individually for
each value of the parameter. A quick look into the parcor and
penalized packages seems to be promising, but I need to check the
source code to see if they really implement an efficient algorithm as
desired. Any input to this would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.