[R] Exporting an rgl graph

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 15 14:12:53 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:01 PM,  <cgenolin at u-paris10.fr> wrote:
> Thanks for you answer. Let me precise my question.
>
> In fact, I do not want to "capture" a screen, I want to save an object that
> can be seen in 3D. With rgl, using my mouse, I can make the object move.
> This is what I want to export: an real 3D object that my collaborator will
> have the possibility to see in 3D.

 You mean without them having to install R and rgl and run the code
that produces your graphic?

 I guess you could somehow export a VRML or some other 3d file:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VRML

 but I suspect of all the billions of people on the planet only Duncan
Murdoch knows enough about rgl to figure that one out...

 The person at the other end would still need a VRML viewer. Just get
them to install R.

Barry