[R] [RPostgreSQL] Fails to load

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Apr 13 17:51:22 CEST 2010

On 13 April 2010 at 16:29, james wrote:
| Hi List,
|
| Running R 2.10.1 on a fresh install of Windows 7. I get the following
| error when loading the RPostgreSQL package.
|

|  >library(RPostgreSQL)
| Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
|   unable to load shared library
| 'C:/Users/james/Documents/R/win-library/2.10/RPostgreSQL/libs/RPostgreSQL.dll':
|   LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
|
| Error: package/namespace load failed for 'RPostgreSQL'
|

| I have reinstalled the RPostgreSQL package from several different
| mirrors and reinstalled R, and the error remains. I know that
| RPostgreSQL depends on libpq.dll and others, so I downloaded and
| installed Postgres, then copied the contents of PostgreSQL\8.4\lib to
| the RPostgreSQL library
| (C:/Users/james/Documents/R/win-library/2.10/RPostgreSQL/libs/)

Hm, why there?

If you add Postgresql to the normal Windows path and you should be fine.

| TIA to anyone who can shed some light.

RPostgreSQL has its own (very low-volume) mailing list; the r-sig-db is a good
choice too.

Dirk

--
  Registration is open for the 2nd International conference R / Finance 2010
  See http://www.RinFinance.com for details, and see you in Chicago in April!