[R] graphical data representation after glmm, glmer

Kay Cichini Kay.Cichini at uibk.ac.at
Mon Apr 12 10:44:23 CEST 2010

hello,

i ran a glmer for binomial data, with one (ordered) between and one within
subjects factor. now i was thinking of how to plot my dependent.
i plotted the probablities (p=X(incidents)/n(observations)) for each group
of the between factor in a line chart, with its corresponding standard
deviations. these are huge. my model though yielded good effects, due to
regarding the between factor. now i wondered if it's the best solution to
show the sd's which might be somewhat misleading for represantation of data
analysed with a mixed model allowing for within subjects random factors.
is there a recommended way for represantation of data in such context.

tahnks a lot for any advise,
kay