[R] [stats-rosuda-devel] How to update JGR

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Apr 10 09:24:58 CEST 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 6:10 PM, <mauede at alice.it> <mauede at alice.it> wrote:

> I recently updated R on Linus/SuSE 11.1
> I complained because no on-line help was available from JGR after R update. I was told to update JGR as well.
> How can I do that ?
> I installed JGR on SuSE three times in the past with different R versions.Every time it's been a nightmare.
> I am afraid to have to spend a whole day, maybe longer, to update JGR ...
> I would greatly appreciate some clear guidelines for JGR installation/update on SuSE.
> Thank you in advance.

The upgrade should be trivial as long as your system is properly setup - simply run

update.packages(ask=FALSE, checkBuilt=TRUE)

that works for all packages. If that fails then either R or Java on your system are not setup properly.

Instructions for installing JGR from scratch on SuSE are at
http://jgr.markushelbig.org/JGR_on_Linux.html

If all that doesn't help all I can say if you want easier setup get a more user-firendy distro or system ;).

Cheers,
Simon