[R] html help not built

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 7 18:56:05 CEST 2010

On 07/04/2010 11:19 AM, jgarcia at ija.csic.es wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
> I must be misunderstanding something. It is not that I want them built at
> installation time, but when I try to display the html help for any
> function the html page is not built; e.g. cliking on the link to get() in
> the base library, the message appears:
>
> An error occurred while loading
> file:///usr/local/lib64/R/library/base/html/get.html:
> The file or folder /usr/local/lib64/R/library/base/html/get.html does not
> exist.

It sounds as though you have an old library that will need to be rebuilt
to work with 2.10.1.  The link in the base page should be to something like

http://127.0.0.1:26057/library/base/html/get.html

(the port number will vary), not to

file:///usr/local/lib64/R/library/base/html/get.html

Duncan Murdoch