[R] html help not built

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 7 16:54:56 CEST 2010

On 07/04/2010 10:49 AM, jgarcia at ija.csic.es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed R 2.10.1 for linux, and html help has not been built
> (just the index page of each package but not the documentation for the
> individual functions in the packages.
>
> I cannot see any flag in the ./configure to set if html is going to be build.
>
> Please could you tell me what should I do to biuld html files?

Why would you want to build them before displaying them?  There are a
few uses for that sort of thing (e.g. Jon Baron's site that RSiteSearch
looks at), but you have to realize that you won't get the same files as
would be displayed to a normal user, links won't necessarily work, etc.

If you still want to do it, then just re-install all of your packages
with the "--html" option.

Duncan Murdoch