[R] SAS and R on multiple operating systems

Roger DeAngelis(xlr82sas) rdeangel at amgen.com
Tue Apr 6 01:30:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

  One other point.

  The connection I have with mutiple servers is persistent the windows SAS
executable is is constant contact with all the SAS server executables.

  Also I can submit a job where unix code is interspersed with windows code.

  I do execute R and perl from SAS using pipes. I am experimenting with SAS
Java objects for tighter intergration of SAS with perl and R.

  As a side note in the pharmaceutical industry we can often develop under
windows, but production code must be Unix and the logs must be absolutely
clean.

 One drawback is SAS handling of interrupts, I sometimes have difficulty
interrupting a server job from windows.