[R] Rprintf not updating

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Apr 5 23:00:24 CEST 2010

Erik Wright wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
> I like your idea of updating an R progress bar from C, but I don't at all
> understand how to call txtProgressBar from C.  I have looked at Writing R
> Extensions and it is equally confusing.  Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks!,
> Erik

Hi Erik,

Did you look at the link I put in my last post?

I linked that post because it gives a step-by-step example for performing a
callback to the runif function from C.  Just  change the execution
environment from stats to utils and alter the function arguments
appropriately and it should work for txtProgressBar and setTxtProgressBar.

Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University