[R] compare two fingerprint images

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sun Apr 4 00:55:54 CEST 2010

On 04/04/2010 05:18 AM, Juan Antonio Gil Pascual wrote:
> Hi Bernado
> I need to compare two fingerprint images and let me know if you can do
> with R. I have used the technique of minutiae but it seems to work
> better with the cross-correlation and wanted to know if you can do with R.
Hi Juan,
If you're using minutiae, you will want something like character
recognition to identify the (admittedly arbitrary) elements of
fingerprints like loops and whorls and their relative extents and
positions. I don't know whether there is much character recognition
stuff done in R, but it would certainly be related.