[R] Equivalent for Matematica function Which...

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Tue Sep 29 20:36:05 CEST 2009

well function arguments are in square brackets. z is result (new
vector). I show Matematica syntax, but cannot explain what I expect. Sorry
The example is wrong because it can be replaced by R cut function. The
arguments are: condition,action.... and can be replaced by ste of ifelse
formulas:

if (x<10) x<-0.7
else if (x<30 && x=>10) x<-x^2/(x-1)
etc...
but that solution is slow for vectors with millions of numbers

thanks

Jarek