[R] fft with NA values

Steve Jones steve at squaregoldfish.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 11:54:15 CEST 2009

Hi List,

I'm trying to perform some spectral analysis on a time series, but I've
got a few data points missing, so they have NA values. Unfortunately,
the fft function doesn't seem to like this, and gives a completely empty
result.

Other than making up values to fill in the gaps, is there any way I can
get around this?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

PS I haven't spotted anything relevant in the man page, and as fft is an
internal function, I'll have to get the source code to figure out what's
going on. I'll do it if I must, but I'd rather not!