[R] Bubble Plot

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Mon Sep 28 17:01:06 CEST 2009

 From looking at the code for bubble(), it doesn't appear there's any
way to force special treatment of selected values.

However, a simple work around would be to simply exclude the zero
values from the plot(s) by subsetting your data creating a1 and a2.
If you really want *no* representation, you're done. If you want them
represented with the smallest dot size, then add them in afterwards
with plot(), xyplot(), or spplot(), depending.

Or, you could make a personal copy of bubble() [renamed, of course],
and modify it to handle zeros in a special manner. That doesn't look
too hard to do.

-Don