[R] Stretch the x-axis for better alignment comparison

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Thu Sep 24 09:13:14 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:25:23AM -0700, Maggie wrote:
> I have the following code that aligns the two graphs.
> Problem is that in .pdf it gives me it x-axis (0-100) is broken down
> into 0-20, 20-40..and so on.
> I wonder if there is for it to display the x-axis (and y-axis) in more
> detail than that.

Without the necessary data I canot directly reproduce your example but
have a look at this for a start:

plot(0:10)
axis(1, seq(0,10,0.2), labels=F)

You may also want to use xaxt='n' in the plot command and then
construct use axis to build the axis the way you want it. If reading
out data from the graph is a concern, you may also want to look at the
grid() command.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik