[R] R crashes when packages 'impute' and 'GeneMeta' are used together.

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Sep 21 17:13:42 CEST 2009

On 9/21/2009 9:18 AM, Vassilis Golfinopoulos wrote:
> Well, the title says all for this one. It seems to crash the
> R-console, so it happens whether I use the R-gui or R-console directly
> or Emacs with ESS.

Not for me.  (But as Hadley said, you didn't explain what you needed to
do to trigger the crash, so I may not have done it.  All I did was

library(GeneMeta)
library(impute)

GeneMeta is a Bioconductor package, so you might want to talk about this
on the Bioconductor mailing list, where you'll find more people who use
it.  But you should try it in a current release of R (2.9.2 is current),
and report on the version numbers of the packages.

Duncan Murdoch